Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Last Full Week in Ohio


Dearest Friends and Family,

                                               Hello! Hope that everyone back home or abroad is doing very well. Another week has flown by here in Youngstown and Elder Chapman and I are busy as ever. This is my last full week of proselyting which seems to me just like any other week. I don't think the brick wall of reality has set in that my entire focus is about to shift and my mission is really coming to an end. Well, I have a few more days to run and preach the gospel. Elder Chapman and I have had alot of success in finding new investigators these last two weeks and the teach pool has grown. This is exactly what I had been praying for, that Elder Chapman and his new companion would have lots of people to work with before I left. I am confident that this ward will have several baptisms in the coming months.
 
                                               I have to be brief today but I wanted to share a few feelings with you based on my studies this week. I have felt  a greater appreciation for the Atonement this week. I have pondered the scriptures and particularly seven utterances made by Christ from the cross in Calvary. I really tried to put myself there and understand Him as best as my mortal mind could. One of my trainees called me this week to wish me a happy birthday and told me how he was thinking about my mission and the time I have left and said to me "I hope you remember how the Savior lived the last week of His life; let that motivate you to do the same in the last week of your mission". I appreciated his words so much and thought more about the Saviors last week of his mortal mission and ministry. One scriptures spoke to me more than any other in my study, Mark 15 : 34:
 
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
 
                                               To me this scripture is unique to any scripture in all of the standard works. It illustrates the most vulnerable moment of our Lord's life and the final conflict of His war over evil. Unique because it shows Christ in a tone of question that is not found anywhere else. I tried to imagine facing all of the horror of evil and the darkness thereof alone. This scripture pierced my heart this week and testified of the complete power of the Atonement and the ability that Christ has to reach us. No matter how alone we may feel I know that His compassion is extended towards us. I love this gospel and the privilege it affords to me to repent, be healed and become more like my Master. I love preparing for the sacrament and feeling the Spirit walk with me as the new week begins. I hope that we may all see that Christ has gone before us and will aid us in our need. I hope we all accept His gift for us. I love you all and hope that you have a great week! 

Love Always, Elder Prince

No comments: