Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hello from Youngstown


Most Dear Family and Friends,

                                                    Another Monday and another week! I am so excited for this! This week has been great! I had the opportunity early in the week to travel to an area I had never been before and work along side my friend Elder Lincoln for the day. We spent the whole day in Alliance, OH and had no real solid appointments set. We spent about 6 hours out knocking doors and talking to people on the street. I told Elder Lincoln before we started that I wanted to act as if this was our area and we were not just on exchange for the day and that the things that we accomplished would be in an effort to accomplish our end goals in the area of baptizing souls and bringing them into the ward. I told him I wanted to find 'atleast' one person prepared by the Lord to hear the gospel. In the space of 6 hours we walked only two streets and talked to a total of some 15 persons and it was one of the most meaningful days of finding I had ever had on my mission. We met some of the most prepared people! One family let us right in and explained that they were looking for a church and that they had a step grandmother who was LDS. Another Young woman had been blessed as a baby in the church but never baptized and use to attend frequently until her grandma, who she attended with (a member) had passed away. We met two people who were previously taught by the missionaries and were happy to have us back and lastly a couple who actually flagged us down and asked if we could help them! There are few things as satisfying on a mission than being at the end of an exchange with another missionary and being able to say "Elder, we saw miracles today!". We had a great time together and I was able to interview a young part-member husband for his baptism while I was in town that night. I love conducting baptismal interviews and getting a feel for the given persons testimony and witness of the truth.
 
                                                  I also had the tender mercy and opportunity of being able to return to North Olmsted this week. I hadn't been there in merely 8 months since I was released as an Assistant. I got to go and visit with people I had taught in the past and continue to encourage them. Elder Ingersoll and I also got to go to dinner with David and Danielle Torres! It was so nice to be with them again and see their goodness and progress.
 
                                                  Things continue to go well here in Youngstown. Nancy and Shawn are still doing terrific and we got a new investigator to church this Sunday. His name is Todd and he is such a good man. He has come such a long way in his life and has been trying to find the gospel for years. I asked him what he thought of church as we sat together in the chapel after the meeting, he smiled and said "I think I've found the place". Yes!!!!
 
                                                   It was great to speak with my family yesterday. It is always a challenge to try and capsulate all of the feelings of my kindred love for you all. I was so glad to hear your good voices (especially Isaac, whoa!). You are all so terrific and I am so blessed to have you. In particular, Mom, I want you to know how much I love you. You are a precious gift of God to all who know you and we are blessed by the quality of your life. You have taught us all so much about the Savior and you did it largely without having to say much at all. Your love and selflessness are your greatest sermon and we all know that you know your Redeemer lives. Thank you for bearing me and bringing me up in the way I should go, I've truly been born of goodly parents! I love you all and hope that you are well! Pray for Elder Chapman to find the elect this week! 

Thanks! Love, Elder Prince

No comments: