Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Spring!


Dearest Friends and Family!
                                            Great to be able to write you all today! Elder Payne and I had such a fun and productive week and the work here in Warren continues to roll forward. I will say however that my body is just tired. I feel like an old man when I get out of bed every day. Elder Payne and I are biking roughly 15-20 miles a day and running every morning; the point of the fact is that missionary work is a different kind of tiring; it is mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically draining. Elder Payne said that 2 minutes after my prayer was over last night I was deep snoring and I never snore. The good news is that the spirit really does revive you and gets you excited for another day but I will tell you that the first thing I am doing when I get home is taking a nap. Speaking of waking up; this morning our investigators invited us over to their house to try the 2nd hottest chillis' in the world:THE GHOST CHILI. We all ate them at the same time and all I can say is that it dominated all of us; truly baptism by fire. This was about an hour and a half ago and I am still in pain but it was some good clean missionary fun!
 
                                            Dan and Mary are continuing to do well. Mary and Leisha went to the Young Women's broadcast this weekend and they both felt the spirit very strongly. They are growing more and more excited for their baptisms this month! Elder Payne and I also set a goal of finding 4 new investigators this week and we were blessed to find 5! My goal this week has been to be more bold at door steps without being over bearing. It is an interesting thing when you step up your boldness with people because they rejection grows more severe but so does also your success in finding those who are prepared and are touched by the fact that you mean what you are saying. This weekend was great to get out and talk to people about the Risen Lord. I loved talking to people about the promises that his atonement brought mankind; many of which promises they are completely ignorant to. We also had 5 investigators come to church on Sunday which was awesome and all of them had a great experience. All is well, we are working hard, having fun and time is flying.
 
                                            My dear friends, I wish to leave you my testimony today and I would want you all to know of the hope that I have in Christ. I have tried with all sincerity to let the atonement have full sway in my heart; even so much that it was my wish to lose all desire to sin and I can truly say I know that He has changed me. The greatest miracle is a change of heart. I don;t know how he brings about these internal changes but I look back on who I used to be and I do not recognize that person. Every morning I look into framed glass picture of the Savior in my room and as I tie my tie I ask myself if I have received His image in my countenance. I am not all that good looking but I know that even my face reflects what the Lord has done for me. If I ever changed for the good in my life is was because with His stripes I was healed, by His word I was comforted and by His power I moved forward. I want you all to know that He is the reason for anything that is good in me. I pray that we may "always remember Him, that we may always have his spirit to be with us". He lives still today and I pray that we may prepare for when He returns (Alma 34:32-35). I love you all and leave you these words in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
 
                                                                                                             Love, Elder Prince

No comments: