Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dearest Family,
                            Another great week has passed as well as another year. I must be brief today but I want to inform you all that the work here in Ashtabula is going great. I am in my 11th week of training my companion. We have grown so much as servants together. Ashtabula has become a very special place to me and with only a few days left training and possibly in the area I can't help but reflect with gr attitude. Ashtabula is Iroquois for "river of many fish". I couldn't help but love that when I heard it as I have been called to be a fisher of men. I have a quarterly interview with my Mission President this Wednesday and I can't wait to tell him confidently that I have loved my area with all my heart, if I am transferred on the 18th I will leave this place with no regrets.
 
                           This week was really fast and  we are still working with a part member family named the Vagis' right now who are progressing along nicely, we will be baptizing their daughter Emily on the 14th of January. We have been challenged by the mission leadership to read the Book of Mormon in 90 days and we have invited our ward to do the same. The Vagis have accepted the invitation and have informed us that after 2 days they are up to chapter 6 in first Nephi! Way to go!
 
                           We are also working with two ex-communicated members now and helping to them to get re-baptized and re-fellowshipped. They are both very dear friends of mine in the ward and have really taken to my companion and I. The meetings with both of these brethren have been very rich in the spirit as we have gone through the doctrine of Christ and testified of the power of the Atonement. All in all the ward continues to grow and we are seeing the Lord's hands in so many lives.
 
                          I wish to leave you all my feeling of love and appreciation for all of your prayers and support. I have said many times over these messages to you all that I know that Christ Lives. It is a very simple statement but I hope we can all take the time to consider it's importance. I know He is aware of us each individually and is willing to lead us to safe pastures. I love the Lord and his goodness, it is always available, we are all worthy of His love,  but let us all strive to be more worthy of His Salvation.
 
                                                                                                                Happy New Years,
                                                                                                                                              Elder Prince

No comments: