Thursday, March 14, 2013

Another Transfer Slips Away


Dearest Family and Friends,
                                             I can't express enough how good it is to write you today. I am full of gratitude and amazement at the goodness of God! I want to first and foremost say congratulations to my brother Elder Doutre. This is yet another evidence that with a will there is a way and that God has not ceased to be a God of Miracles. Faith will always prevail; God is always faithful. I am so proud of you my brother. I know that the coming years of your life will be some of the very most meaningful. Thank you for your example. Who would've know us to little punk 7th graders from Albion Middle School would be one day builders of the Kingdom of God on Earth! I'll miss you my friend; but what is 4 years between brothers?
 
                                             Another great week has passed here in Warren! On Sunday I had the privilege of baptizing my good friend Donte Fellows! He is the son of a recent convert in our ward and we have been teaching him faithfully since I first arrived. I am so proud of this young man and all of the faith he put forth to prepare for his baptism! He felt the spirit so strong at his baptismal service and the look on his mother face was better than a thousand perfect mornings! I know this young man will be a missionary and make his mother proud. I have served 6 months in the Youngstown Ohio Stake and every soul I have had the honor of baptizing in this stake has been under the age of 20. I have served in 3 other stakes in Ohio and in all others our converts have been over the age of 20. This stake needs future leaders baldy and I have been so impressed with how the Lord is preparing for future generations to be blessed and for Kirtland to be built up again!
 
                                             We are still working with Mary, Daniel, Leesha and Adam (all roommates). We took our Bishop teaching with us this week and Dan and Mary expressed that they wished to be married! So needless to say we are going to be planning a marriage here in the next few weeks. Little do these people in Ohio know that when I am a missionary by day and a wedding singer by night! I am going to blow their minds! This group of friends has been so exciting to teach as they are all keeping their commitments and getting excited about learning. They have expressed several times how they are beginning to see the changes happening in their life! It is so exciting!
 
                                              Elder Payne and I are doing well. It is crazy how fast time is going. We are already on our 5th week of training! He is growing so much and I love to watch him get it more and more. He is catching the vision of missionary work and the magnitude of his calling is beginning to really rest upon his mind. I've also got him knocking off pant sizes between running in the morning and biking all around town all day! Things couldn't be better! I am excited to keep the pace and finish strong in these last two transfers!
 
                                               My friends I can't say enough about how grateful I am today! May we always keep the love of God in our hearts. We we stay focused on the atonement. I know that my Redeemer lives! I hope you all have a great week! Back to war in Warren!            
                                                                                                       Love, Elder Prince

No comments: