Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Cheer from East Cleveland


Dearest Family and Friends,
                                                 I am excited to write you all today! It has been a wonderful week! We have enjoyed the Christmas spirit that is all around and are having more success in finding people to teach. I found out last night that I will bet staying yet another transfer in East Cleveland which will be my 6th in the area (two separate tenures) and my 7th in the same apartment. If you could see where I live you would see that this place has so much personality. We live right next to a big towns square where you can find all walks of life and everyone knows our name and who we are. I have grown to love all the people in my surroundings here. This is also a fun time of year because everyone seems to be a little more infused with peace on earth and good will towards men. I am a bit saddened however because of the news that Elder Mo'Unga will be leaving. He has been so much fun to work with. It is funny because he says I have been a big brother to him and I think he has been a big brother to me (literally and figuratively). He has been here in the inner city of Cleveland since he arrived here in May so it will be nice for him to venture out and have the experience of serving in new places. I hope he has success wherever he goes. I will miss his protection from danger perhaps most of all.
 
                                                  The beginning of a new transfer is always exciting to me. It is always a time of re-commitment, greater faith and new friends. I will be meeting my new companion tomorrow and we will be getting right to work.
 
                                                I am excited for this coming week. I look forward to see who the Lord will have me serve with. I am excited to continue my labor for the Lord. I love this work. I can't wait to meet all those who I haven't met yet. I can't wait to teach them about the glad tidings that Gabriel spoke of. I am realizing more and more that this experience of serving in the inner city of Cleveland has far reaching effects into the days where I don't where a name tag. My work is cut out for me here. If anything is to be truly accomplished it must come from faith. I love the Lord with all my heart. I wish I could fully show you all my heart that you might know how much I love Him. I wish I could persuade those who are lost to come unto him. These things are truly the state of my heart.
 
                                                 Thank you all for your collective prayers and thoughts this Christmas season. I am far from alone and am surrounded by many whom I love and consider family. I appreciate all of your cards and letters. Please know of my love for you. I hope you all have a great week!                             
                                                                                 Love, Elder Prince

No comments: