Monday, July 16, 2012

Greetings from Ohio


Dearest Friends and Family,
                                               Another great week has passed here in the Ohio. This week was transfer/arrival week where we say good bye to the old and say hello to the new. I love picking up the new missionaries and seeing their shocked faces; it feels good to be the first real warm hello and smile that they get when they arrive in the Ohio. The first thing I tell them as we drive to the Mission home is that they are on sacred ground and we are lucky to be wearing shoes on it. Arrival orientation was alot of fun. I was the only one who had been through the whole rodeo so I knew I had to stay focused all night, the whole thing went great and the missionaries had a great entrance to the field. The next day we all piled into the van and went to Kirtland. No offense to me friends serving elsewhere but what other group of missionaries get to start their missions in the Kirltnad temple; the place where missionary work started when Moses restored the keys of gathering Israel. It is amazing to be able to go through the temple and feel the spirit of place. After the tour in the morning we take all the missionaries to the Stake Center and we introduce them to their trainers and then we announce where all of the missionaries being transferred are going; it is a really exciting meeting. I am so proud of my former trainee, Elder Crosalnd who will be training a new missionary this transfer. I can't believe how far he has come since his first day; I love him with all my heart.
 
                                              Last night the mission hosted our monthly recent convert fireside in Kirtland and David and Danielle two of our recent converts spoke. They did a magnificent job and then President expounded to us the doctrine behind prayer. President Vellinga has such a gift for following the spirit as he teaches. He is very soft spoken but yet his presence is demanding. He is very sincere but yet jovial; a true joy to listen to. After the meeting I was in the foyer speaking to David and Danielle and I felt inspired to ask them if they were trying to have any children? They replied that they were and said that the both felt a confirmation from the spirit that all would be well in their hopes of raising a family. I asked them what they would name their son if they had one, I was going to suggest "Isaac" as it means 'laughfter' in Hebrew just then they said "Should we tell him?". They then said if we had a son we would either name Brandon or Benjamin after Elder Metcalf and I, man I wanted to cry when they said that. I thought I'd share that because I thought it was pretty cool.
                                             Life is going great. Thank you to all of you for your prayers and support; they make all the difference. I can't believe how fast my mission is going before my eyes. I don't want it to end. Well, I must get going but I would have you all know that I love you. I would have you all know that I know happiness comes in the service of others. I know that the Father and the Son live and love us!
                                                                                                                                                         Love, Elder Prince

No comments: