Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Times are Changing...


Dearest Family & Friends,
                                        Great to be with you this week. I apologize having not written in two weeks; the last two P-Days we had half of our mission together for a mission P-Day where we all got together to play games and have competitions; it was pretty epic. Not to mention the events were held in Hiram Ohio where the prophet Joseph Smith first saw the three kingdoms of heaven; it is also the same home he was dragged from in the night when he was tarred and feathered. It is always an honor to go the John Johnson farm and feel the sacred spirit there.
 
                                     Things for me are about to change quite a bit. I am being released from my assignment as assistant to the President and being transferred on the 26th to serve as a district leader in Warren, Ohio. I am going back to the Ashtabula District where I was for three months where I trained Elder Crosland so I will be able to go on exchanges to the area of the mission that has the biggest part of my heart; Ashtabula. Speaking of Elder Crosland, he was called to be a Zone Leader next transfer. I am really proud of him; he has come a long way and he is a very obedient missionary. He also just finished training Elder Chapman from Salt Lake City and Elder Chapman will be training a new missionary next transfer so in others words my "mission posterity" is growing like rabbits right now. I will be a "great grandfather" next transfer! Like anybody cares but I am proud of these Elders and how hard working they are.
 
                                        It is going to be bittersweet leaving this ward. I have been here longer than any other place on my mission. I feel like I have established more relationships and friendships in this area than any other place I have worked. Sunday morning we got a call at 6:30 AM and were asked if we could talk in sacrament which we happily accepted. I got to talk on how preparing for conference has blessed my life and share my testimony of how I came to know President Monson was truly a prophet; it felt good to give them my testimony for the last time although none of them I will be leaving on a good note however as William Garret is going to be baptized this Saturday! I have seen this man apply the atonement in a most touching way. The ward has been nothing short of unbelievable. They are all rallying around this young man. William is very bright and sincere. He has such a love of the gospel all ready. He has been so humble and accepting of the commitments that we leave him. Yesterday we took him up to Kirltand for a tour and it was one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission. First we watch "Joseph Smith;The Prophet of the Restoration" with him in Newel K. Whitney's home. It was just us, William and a brother from our ward. The Sisters giving the tour did an amazing job at pointing out the spirit. Next we went into the Whitney store into the school of the prophets and had a mini testimony meeting. We all talked about the Fathers love and read accounts of the early bretheren who had seen the Father and the Son in vision in that very same room. William said he felt the spirit from the time we stepped foot in Kirltand. Truly days never to be forgotten.
 
                                          This week is also going to be alot of fun as we have Elder Perkins of the 70 coming to tour the mission. He is planning on interviewing Elder Metcalf and I on Wednesday night. I had the opportunity to be interviewed by Elder Nash last year and of course Elder Golden when he visited,  so I look forward very much to feeling the strong spirit of these men and learning from their council. We are hosting him for two big conferences on Thursday and Friday and then Saturday we have the baptism. It is going to be busy weekend. Well my friends thank you all for you love and support. Know that things here are well. I am busier than ever but enjoying every second!
                                                                                                                        "The church is true, the book is blue and in the end, we win!"- Cleon Skousen
                                                                                                                                        Love you all,
                                                                                                                                                          Elder Prince

No comments: