Monday, May 14, 2012

Hello From North Olmstead

Dearest Friends and Family,
 
It is a beautiful day to be alive! It was great to have the privilege to call home yesterday and speak with some of you! You all sounded so great; it made my day! I am in a really big hurry today but I just wanted to share a quick update with you. President has been hinting to me that he is going to release Elder Hicks which will mean more responsibilities for me in the coming transfer. I have my guesses about who could be called to be assistant with me, but I will keep my speculation in check until we find out. It is going to be busy transfer between transitioning in the new President as well as training a new assistant; I guess we will have to wait and see if any of this happens. I think it is Presidents game plan to get me to entirely lose myself, aside from wondering how the Celtics are doing in the Playoffs I'd say he is doing a pretty good job!
I was able to go on an exchange with the Kirltand Zone leaders this week and stay the night in my last area. It was good to go around and speak with some to some of our investigators and recent converts. One in particular was really struggling and allowed me to give him a blessing which I was honored to do. On the 20th we are having a recent convert fireside in Kirtland which many of them will be speaking. One on the program is my dear friend Lily from Ashtabula, my first baptism! I am so excited to see her, she is such a sweet heart!
Things are still going great with the Torrez family. They are the most humble couple I have ever met and they are progressing nicely for the baptismal date on June 2nd, we have truly been blessed to be able to teach people of this caliber. I am just happy that we have anyone to teach at all given how little time we get to devote to our area; the Torrez family is a tender mercy.
I wanted to thank all those who have extended their happy birthday wishes to me. The other day I was out with one of the Zone's to lunch and they secretly were able to get the restaurant privy to the fact it was my birthday, so all these Mexican guys ran out screaming birthday chants and serenaded me nicely with a jumbo sombrero; life is too good ;).
Well I hoe that this message reaches you well! Sorry for being brief! I love you all and I appreciate your prayers and thoughts in my behalf. All is well here! I am grateful to be in the service of the Most High God. I know that Jesus is the Christ, and the only way to happiness. I hope we may all come to know him a little more today!
 
 Love Always, Elder Prince

No comments: