Monday, March 26, 2012

Thank You

Dearest Family and Friends,
I am so very grateful to write you today. For His purposes I have been in a reflective mood all week in considering the Lord's hand in my life. I have thought time and time again about His ability to meet our needs through the hands of His servants, i.e. family, friends, teachers, leaders and even strangers. I cant adequately put into words all of the gratitude I have for those who participated in my rescue but I cant testify to you that you were all playing your part in Heavenly Fathers plan, I just want to say thank you. If my body tires, the Spirit carries me on in this work and gratitude always seems to be the fuel.
My companion and I had a very interesting experience this week. We received a referral from the Sisters that we share our area with. When we arrived we knocked on the door to no avail and as we were walking back to the car we noticed two weather pass along cards with worn pictures of the Salt Lake temple laying in the mud. It was a bit sad to see. We decided we would go and stop by another referral and as we sat in the truck my companion turned to me and said "There is a reason we are here". We decided to get back out and tract the houses surrounding this house and sure enough the first door we knocked a young women named Angel let us in. We had a great meeting together and invited her to be baptized in the first week of May. It was a really cool experience of listening to the spirit. How I love my inspired companion. We meet again with Angle tomorrow.
I had another thought provoking experience this week while attending a baptism at my old ward in Cleveland when one of my old member friends approached me and told me about a ward member who had passed away two days prior. His name was Kevin. He was one of the very first people I taught on my mission. He had some handicaps and was a former alcoholic who was devout in attending AA. He was always very kind and always had a joke for me. I remember one day when I was a brand new missionary I was having a really hard day and we went to Kevin's home and cleaned the entire place. I remember telling my companion "Sometimes I get tired of just talking about God, cleaning Kevin's house was the only time I felt the spirit today".I am grateful for that experience, I know my friend is in a better place now.
Well I wish I had more to tell you about the work. My companion and I are pretty sparse on investigators at the moment but we are giving our best. If I haven't mentioned it before I love my companion. He is such an example to me.
Thank you all for your love. I can feel your prayers. I know that the Lord is ever with us. Listen to the words of the Lord through the Prophet Isaiah "With great mercies I will gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment, but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer. For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee". That is the Savior I testify of and love. Thank you all for your example of everlasting kindness. Thank you Elder Worsencroft for your words of faith, I have met few who possess it like you. Congratulations to Hermana Jensen on her calling as a training, you are more than qualified, you will do great.
I love you all and hope that you have a great week. Always remember Him.
Love, Elder Prince

No comments: