Monday, September 26, 2011

July 25, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,
 
                                      I dont have much time this week but I wanted you to know that it has been a great week. I have taught more lessons this week than any prior, 19!! still one below the missionary "standard of excellence" but we are getting there.
 
The woman I described in my last e-mail that supirised me by coming to chuch came again yesterday and she is studying and praying about the Book of Mormon, she is such a great woman.
 
 I have learned alot this week but chief amongst my lessons have been that our happiness or misery is not dependent on our circumstances but rather our dispositions. I have been making it a goal of mine to smile more. I have also realized that it is not proper for a man of God to stipulate or bargain. He has a will and even if we labor with all our mights we will be unprofitable servants (Ask King Benjamin). So why do we labor? Because it is a privilage. That is the secret to life if I have found any.
 
You are all so important to me. I gave a talk in Sacrament on Heritage this week and couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the spirit I felt in preparing. Our heritage is so unique, it is one of sacrifice and determination. In studying the pioneers I came to the question of whether the were destined to cross the plains or just really determined? The spirit bore witness to me that the were both destined and determined. So it is with us.
 
The scriptures say that many are called, but few are chosen, it is my beleif that to be 'chosen' is to be determined. You decide if you are chosen. I love my friends. I love my family and my very best relationships are those with people who inspire me with their determination. The work is going well here. I feel that the Lord is helping me 'win over' ward members as I am going to every one of there homes and trying to share my vision for this area.The bishop is helping me institute a new ward mission plan. I hope to see baptism. I hope to see sincere repentance and happiness of the people I serve.
 
 Long term, I want to be married with my  mife and kids gathered around the TV for conference and here the Prophet say " we are building a temple in Cleveland". I have big hopes. Thank you for fostering me with the support to be here.
 
Love you all- Elder Prince

No comments: